From buying groceries to ordering foods online, almost everything is possible with just a mobile app. If people want to listen to songs, they download an app from the Play Store. If students need coding assignment help, they download an educational app right away. No matter what your industry is, building mobile apps can increase your traffic and revenue by nearly ten times. As per Statista, the total revenue collected from mobile app downloads and in-app purchasing increased from $88 billion in 2016 to $188 billion in 2020.
Here’s an image that traces the mobile app revenues generated worldwide from 2014 to 2023.
There are over 275.66 million mobile phone users in the United States alone. Imagine the traffic you’ll be able to generate if even half of those users download your mobile phone app. On that note, let’s check out the top three ways mobile apps can make your business more accessible to your target audience.
Personalises your brand
Mobile apps usually add an added channel for your clients to engage with your business. Your target audience may not feel convenient to switch on their laptops every time they want to connect with your customer care executives. The best thing about mobile phone apps is that they let you resolve your customer queries instantly.
Benefits of brand personalization:
- Increases customer loyalty and attracts new customers
- Boosts the conversion rate for your business by personalizing each customer’s experience
- Retains customers through more relevant experiences on the mobile app
- Makes your customers believe that your brand stands for their beliefs and values thereby winning over their trust
- Provides automatic credibility for a new product
Say, for instance, your app is about booking a doctor’s consultation online for multiple clients. In that case, when they log in to your app, make sure you welcome them with a ‘How may I help you?’ message. Let’s assume your client typed, ‘I need a doctor’s appointment today.’ So, your executive must book one for him/her instantly and respond accordingly. Mobile apps make customer service more efficient and simpler.
Cultivates customer loyalty
The best thing about mobile apps is that they are very flexible. This means that an app can be shaped to cater to your customer’s needs and demands. It can provide a rich user experience and enriched data, thereby building customer loyalty. The activity trackers embedded within the app can let you know what your customers are looking for while browsing your app. Using the data, you can customize the app accordingly. Customers love personalized and effortless experiences. And what’s a better way than a mobile app to provide them with that?
Benefits of building customer loyalty:
- Boosts the profit margin since loyal customers are most likely to spend more to buy products or services from your app
- Makes your customer retention strategies more effective through the loyalty programs on mobile apps
- Encourages price insensitivity, meaning that your loyal customers will buy products from you even at increased rates.
- Saves money since an inexpensive loyalty program would be enough to retain your existing customers
- Makes your customers believe that they have an emotional connection with your brand
There are multiple ways you can build your customer loyalty through your mobile app. The most common ones are coupons, vouchers, and discounts. Retailers can use push notifications to engage with their customers through mobile apps. You can also create loyalty accounts for your existing customers. Upload their loyalty rewards on that account so that the rewards are easily accessible to your customers.
- Builds a solid database of clients
Your business will be more accessible to your target clients when you provide them with the information they are looking for. Say, your customer needs information on ‘How to get salon-like hair during the COVID-19 lockdown?’But, you end up nudging your skincare products to that customer. Outcome? You end up losing valuable traffic. But, mobile apps can help you create a substantial database of your clients. It can provide you with a window to gather additional information about your user.
Benefits of building a database of clients:
- Helps you recommend similar or relevant products to your target customers
- Makes it easier for you to target new customers through relevant ads on multiple channels
- Boosts your customer retention rate to a considerable extent
- Provides a smooth and efficient buying experience to your customers
A mobile app not only makes your business widely accessible to your target audience but also increases the revenue of your business. Mobile phone apps are always at the fingertips of people. With the perfect app, you can earn a huge client base all over the world. Good luck!