The answer to this question depends on a number of factors, including the type of limo service, the size of the company, and the location. In general, however, limo drivers in Chicago can expect to make between $30 and $60 per hour. Some companies may also offer tips or commissions, which can increase earnings. For example, if a driver works for a company that provides wedding limo services, they may receive a percentage of the total bill from the customer.
Limo drivers in Chicago typically work long hours, including evenings and weekends. They may also be on call 24 hours a day, which means they may have to work at odd hours with little notice. As such, it is important for limo drivers to be flexible and able to work on a variety of schedules. In order to become a limo driver in Chicago, individuals must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. They should also be at least 21 years of age.
Some companies may require drivers to have a Chauffeur’s license, which can be obtained by taking a test and completing a training course. Limo drivers must also be knowledgeable about the city of Chicago and its surrounding areas. Many limousine services in Chicago require drivers to undergo background checks and drug tests. This is to ensure that they are safe and reliable employees. Limo companies may also require drivers to have liability insurance. Limousine drivers in Chicago typically work for limousine companies or as independent contractors. Some drivers may work for more than one company. In general, the larger the company, the better the pay and benefits. However, working for a smaller company can also have its advantages, such as a more flexible schedule.
What do I need to apply for a limo job in Chicago?
If you’re interested in becoming a limousine driver in Chicago, there are a few things you’ll need to do.
1: Have a valid driver’s license
2: Be at least 21 years old
3: Pass a background check
4: Have a clean driving record
5: Complete a limousine training program
6: Obtain a chauffeur’s license from the city of Chicago
7: Get commercial auto insurance
8: Choose a reputable limousine company to work for
If you have all of the above requirements, then you’re well on your way to becoming a professional limousine driver in Chicago!
Perks of Being a Limo Driver in Chicago:
- You can make your own schedule: One of the best things about being a limo driver is that you can make your own schedule. This means that you can work when it is convenient for you and take time off when you need to.
- You get to meet interesting people: As a limo driver, you will have the opportunity to meet all sorts of interesting people from all walks of life. This can be a great way to learn about different cultures and lifestyles.
- You get to see the city: If you love exploring new places, then being a limo driver is definitely the job for you. You will get to see all the sights of Chicago, including the skyline, museums, and attractions.
- You can make good money: If you are a good driver and provide excellent service, then you can definitely make a good income as a limo driver.
- You get free parking: One of the best perks of being a limo driver is that you can get free parking in most areas of Chicago. This can save you a lot of money on parking fees.
- You don’t have to worry about traffic: Another great perk of being a limo driver is that you don’t have to worry about traffic. Limo drivers have special privileges that allow them to avoid traffic jams and get to their destination quickly.
- You get to use the car’s amenities: When you are a limo driver, you get to enjoy all the amenities that come with the car, such as the TV, stereo, and bar.
- You can choose your passengers: As a limo driver, you have the option to choose your passengers. If you don’t want to pick up someone rowdy or drunk, then you don’t have to.
- You get VIP treatment: When you are a limo driver, you receive VIP treatment wherever you go. This includes free access to clubs and restaurants, as well as other perks.
- You can be your boss: One of the best things about being a limo driver is that you can be your boss. This means that you can set your hours and rates, and you don’t have to answer to anyone but yourself.