The Instagram fever has inspired every third woman to go for retwisting loc hairstyle in the US today. Most women invest their time scrolling Instagram and Pinterest searching for the best retwist hairstyles but end up doing nothing but an average trial.
Even many people already having locs struggle to find a way to retwist their hair without damaging it. Whenever they try, the process finally ends, making their hair look brittle. No worries at all! For your convenience, here I bring an amazing guide on how to retwist your hair at home – for beginners. In this blog post, I will share some tips on how to retwist your hair without damaging it.
So, let’s get started!
How to locretwist Style at home?
Before starting guidelines, let me clear that you only need to retwist your hair if you want a pristine, well-maintained look. But, if you’re new to locs, you might want to learn how to retwist your hair without damaging it.
Tips Before retwisting hairstyle:
- Don’t forget to spray your hair with moisture before twisting it.
- Oil is necessary for locs since they rely on the sebum from the scalp to keep their locks intact. Twists your hair clockwise using your fingers.
Ways to Retwist
One way to retwist your hair without damaging it is by using a loc gel. This will help hold your hair in place while you are retwisting it. It is important to use a gel that is specifically designed for locs so that it won’t damage your hair.
Another way to protect your hair while retwisting it is to make sure that you are using a soft brush. This will help to avoid any breakage or damage to your hair.
When retwisting your locs, starting at the root is important and working your way down. This will help to avoid any tangles or knots in your hair. You should also be careful not to pull too tight when retwisting your hair, as this can cause damage to your hair and may even lead to breakage.
When retwisting your hair, remember to use lukewarm water to wash your hair. Using ice-cold or hot water can damage locks. Avoid blow-drying your hair as this can cause breakage.
To prevent breakage, dry your dreadlocks instead. Using the wrong technique can also damage your locs. Also, retwisting starter locs should wait longer before you retwist them.
Is There Any Natural Way to Retwist Hair?
If you are looking for a more natural way to retwist your hair, there are a few things you can do;
- One option is to let your hair air dry before you retwist it, and this will help avoid any damage that can be caused by heat styling.
- Another option is to use a soft cloth to twist your hair. This will help avoid any damage that can be caused by using a brush or comb.
- When retwisting your locs, it is important to be gentle with your hair. This will help to avoid any damage that can be caused by pulled or tangled hair.
Retwisting hair without using any product is impossible, as the tools help you get your required look. Also, the specified products protect your hair from damage. Perhaps due to these complexities, many don’t prefer to locretwist hairstyles.
Misconceptions about locretwist Styles
There are a lot of misconceptions about locretwist styles. One of the biggest misconceptions about locs is, it has hardly two to three hairstyles. Also, people think that if you retwist your hair, you will damage it.
But that’s not true; you can actually retwist your hair without damaging it. Here’s how:
1. Start by wetting your hair and sectioning it off into four parts.
2. Take the first section and begin twisting it in one direction.
3. When you reach the end of a section, hold it in place with a rubber band and move on to the next section.
4. When you’re done twisting all sections, apply some leave-in conditioner and style as usual.
5. Enjoy your healthy twist hair!
The best part is that retwisting is an important part of loc maintenance. This process retrains your locs to grow where they are needed and helps blend new growth with established locs.
Typically, an expert and experienced location will perform this process for you. Retwisting takes around three and six weeks. This style will require more upkeep than other loc styles, but it’s completely worth it if you want your hair to look beautiful!
Let me suggest the best place to get local twist gel for a pro-like look! ShopniAtLoc God! They’ve amazing hair care products, including;
- Hair shampoos & conditioners
- Hair mists
- Stimulating oils
- Gels & Jellys
- Detangler sprays
If you looking for midi dresses so you can consult with the Fashions Hall Of Trends for further information across the USA
Comments are closed.