Mobile has become the basic need of everyone’s life. According to an estimation, 56% of people use mobile phones, and out of 56% of users, 27% use iPhones. When the demands of the user increase, technology comes to introduce new things and unique features to the market. When we talk about iOS app development, technology has made a great impact in developing innovative applications.
Mobile application development requires the use of programming language. The iOS app development process is a little complex, so you must focus on selecting the best programming language for coding purposes. If you are looking for which language you should select to develop an iOS app, then you are at the right place. It is important to know Apple has its own Xcode software, which is used to edit the code and test the app before launching it to the market.
Let’s Get Started!
The iOS app development process mainly includes Objective-C and Swift, but there are also other languages that have been proven best for this purpose.
It is not wrong to say Objective C is the earliest programming language for iOS app development. This programming language was launched in 1984 by Tom Love and Brad Cox. It is an object-oriented language based upon the programming language C. It can pass messages among objects, and this feature is handy for the development of iOS and OS X apps.
- Expressive message syntax
- Offers dynamic typing and static typing
- Creation of class and objects
- Collection of garbage automatically
- Smalltalk-style messaging makes it simple to use and understand.
- Dynamic run-time
- Provides support for older versions
- Security issues
- Limited functionality for iOS app development
- The coding is difficult to read and understand.
- Only support static libraries.
Objective-C is going to disappear after the launching of Apple’s programming language known as Swift. But learning objective C will be helpful in learning how to build carriages.
Swift is the latest addition to programming languages. The main programming language used for iOS app development is Swift. Apple launched it in 2014. Before Swift, Objective C was the primary language for iOS app development. In 2018, Swift became the most popular programming language for iOS app development. Swift provides several unique features to give easy and flexible programming. Now Swift has become the future for developing the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple Tv.
- A filtered form of Objective C
- Convenient to maintain and explain the dynamic libraries
- Compatible only with iOS and OS X.
- Simple syntax and grammar
- Easy to understand
- Support multiple devices
- Swift does not support old versions
- Less trustworthy language for new developers
Why Swift is Preferred Over Objective C?
- Swift is used more compared to Objective C due to the following features:
- Swift is safer than Objective C.
- Like Objective C, there is no memory leakage in Swift, so it provides better memory management.
- Swift is faster and smarter than Objective C language.
- Swift supports dynamic libraries rather than static libraries.
- Swift is the more popular technology compared to Objective C.
Python is one of the best languages used for iOS app development. Guido van Possum launched it in 1991. It is an open-source high-level programming language. It is also popular for machine learning objectives.
- Versatile and faster app development
- Easy to read and understand
- Best for prototypes
- Python Contains all the required libraries.
- Slow functional speed
- Consume a lot of memory
- Errors in run-time
- Limitations to accessing the database.
The real benefit of HTML is the development of iOS games. This programming language is also best for hybrid app development. It adjoins with CSS and Jscript to create the applications. HTML 5 is considered the less time-consuming and cost-effective toolkit. So it can be used by small-scale startups. For beginners, HTML 5 is the highly recommended language for learning and developing iOS apps.
- 2nd highly used programming language.
- HTML 5 also supports building native apps.
- HTML 5 makes offline accessibility to apps.
- Consume less time while processing
- Make troubles while working on complex items
- Better fit for beginners
- Limited functionality for custom designing.
- Compatibility issues with old browsers.
- Flexibility issues.
Custom Software Development Companies In Australia
When we talk about the custom software development companies in Australia, FuturisTech is the best custom software development Australia company. It provides high-end design and development services. Over the past 10 years, FuturisTech has dealt with over 500 business companies. The team of professional software developers, creative designers, and technical project managers.
- Web development
- Custom software development
- Mobile application development
- UI/UX designs
- NLP (Natural Language Processing)
Brisbane App Developers
Brisbane is well-known for its team of passionate and experienced developers. The developers and the testers work together to create the app according to the customer’s requirements. The dominating service of Brisbane app developers is the development of iPhone and android apps. Brisbane claims to develop over 6 billion iOS and Android apps development since 2010.